Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fibre Art Cards



 These fibre art cards in pastel shades were made in 2 sets of three cards.
They will be going to a shop in the Yarra Valley, Warburton, down near Melbourne to a little shop called "The Red Mud Hut".  Now that is an interesting name for a shop!  They will be sold as gift cards.
The materials which I have used here include silk, crushed velvets, vintage sari border fabric, lace, mohair, dyed doilies, scrim and tassels.
They have been assembled in a collage and machine sewn  and quilted onto metallic gold card with a matching envelope






\

4 comments:

  1. Love these cards Suzy!! You should sell LOTS of these!Love the soft colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to inspire me every time I look at your work. I sincerely mean that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy Mc - yes soft colours for a change! and Judy F I have to say the feeling is really mutual - so wonderful to share work and ideas. Both of you are so prolific in your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just so wonderful...love the tassels

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails