Wednesday, March 14, 2012

More Creative Works from Blogging Friends


As I mentioned in my last post
I have some more beautiful works and gifts
given to me recently from dear blogging friends
including this



most gorgeous lace and fabric collage from my
very dear friend, Dorthe,
www.denlillelade.blogspot.com





Now isn't that a most beautiful image and she is surrounded 
with some of the finest organza and lace fabrics 
you could imagine adorned and embellished with
doilies and laces
and
also included were these


and


for a much closer look - one of Dorthe's tags embellished with more
tags, a bird image and one of her special transparent leaves
so delicately sewn
and some ephemera to use in my journals


Dorthe your heart is so much bigger than your clever
creative hands and your friendship is a real treasure to me!
Thank you so very much! - You know where these
will live in my home!


sent me this from Germany



Look at these beautiful collaged cards with hearts
and butterflies and a sweet image!
and


a collection of unusual braids to use in my creations.
What a lovely friend you are Alexandra.




From New Zealand came this most precious 
ceramic heart with a lacey design pressed into it -



Isn't that so very beautiful and it represents a special love
and friendship I share with my dear friend, Jo, which spans
more than 40 years now!
Jo's special gift, among so many, is her gorgeous
eco-dyeing - creating sustainable colour
on cloth and fibre
 and the creations made from
these.
So go and visit Jo's blog at
www.aquaplusflora.wordpress.com



All of these beautiful creations plus braid and laces
came from dear Judy of
www.judysfabrications.blogspot.com


Judy's current passion is for paper journals
and she is one of the most talented bloggers in so many different
arts that I have met and she lives in South Australia
which is just across the border from me
which would be more than 500k away -
Thank you Judy so much - you are one of the kindest
friends I know!


and


lastly
from the United Kingdom
came all these beautifully hand created items
from Lynn Stevens of
www.trashtotreasureart.blogspot.com



A cleverly made cone filled with lots of vintage sewing items,
lace motifs and more laces and braid on a card
along with a beautiful selection of
vintage buttons.




I was thrilled to receive all of these gorgeous things Lynn
and you know that every piece will be used
(in fact, I have already used some of these items
in a brand new journal I am creating which
is almost finished)


and just to wet your appetite and with Springtime approaching
in the Northern hemisphere 
here is a little preview -




and just to finish this post I have made a collage
of some very beautiful handmade birthday
cards which I received very
recently!




Aren't these just so gorgeous
and
yes - I have been so very spoiled by
some very beautiful friends!
I feel blessed in so many ways!


I just love this saying too:
"The best feeling comes when you realize
that you are perfectly happy
without the things once you thought
you needed the most"!


Thank you dear blogging friends for visiting, commenting,
following, and supporting me in my endeavours
to become a whole person worthy of
being acknowledged for just who I am!
I hope your days are full of little moments of joy!


Love and hugs, 
Suzy xxx



21 comments:

  1. Hi Suzy,
    There are few things nicer than surprise gifts in the post.
    You have been truly blessed with some beautiful treasures from dear friends.
    Your new creation looks divine, can't wait to see it finished!!
    Hugs, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzy, I am BLUSHING!!
    Love the gifts you have shared with us.The collage is a great idea.Ooh I recognise one of those images..he.he.
    Hope you are having a lovely Creating Time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If a persons greatness can be measured by the number of their friends, then you are very great indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely things you received! Such pretty things! I love that bright yellow eyelet fabric in the fist photo!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Suzie you lucky lady!
    Such abunantly gorgeous gifts!
    I think maybe you had a great birthday?

    Have a great week,
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to have your Special Day remembered by loving friends! You've received some nice treasures, and some wonderful items for creating.
    Looking forward to seeing your finished journal. Is it filled with birds?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! All of your gifts are just beautiful - such a variety of finished pieces as well as supplies that I can imagine you will be putting to good use. Look forward to seeing more of your current journal - always lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Suzy! It look like you got some lovely things in the mail too!!! They are all beautiful and I am sure you enjoy them!! Thank you for you sweet comment on my altered book. You are such an inspiration to me it's nice to hear you say kind things. :) Have a beautiful day.
    xo,Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. The world is a mirror and you have received such beautiful gifts for a reason. You are a treasure and you have received treasures. May you celebrate your birthday all year long...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow and double wow!!! What wonderful treasure you have received!! Enjoy!!
    Have a great day!
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Suzy. You've created lovely posts of your gifts. I'm thinking that those gifts represent the inspiration that you and your blog provide to readers. One can only say "Thank you".
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Suzy,

    Instead of saying this and that, I must just say it once as to not sound like a broken record. Each of these women sent such eloquent, beautiful and wonderful gifts! What a blessed friend they have in you and you in them! Just absolutely gorgeous, each and every gift!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzy dear, such precious gifts from your dear friends around the world.
    Their special hand made birthday cards are just 'out of this world' too.
    What a big difference blogging has made to our lives!!!
    Wishing you many many more fabulous birthdays!
    xox
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suzy I think you should have a birthday twice a year so we could see more of your beautiful gifts! These are all so special. And you deserve every bit of it my sweet friend!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely gifts. All so unique in their own way. I hope to get back to sewing soon but watercolor seems to have taken over these days. Teddy thanks you for your birthday greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Suzy
    Such incredible gifts. Looking at your beautiful photographs it shows how much your blogging friends care for you as those are gifts from the heart.
    I am sending Belated Birthday Wishes your way.
    Spring is beginning to show its pastel colours here in Scotland although there continues to be a "nip"in the air.
    Wishes to you
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am proud to have you as a follower, dear Suzy, as I find your artwork overwhelming! Your blog is mere inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing your beauties! Greets, Manu

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my goodness, so much eye candy!! What a wonderful inspirational blog you have and beautiful art work! Definitely a new follower to your blog.
    greetings from the Netherlands, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suzy, as always it was a "moment of joy" for me this morning to visit your lovely blog. So many beautiful treasures you've received from your special friends. So kind of you to share it all with us. You're always an inspiration to my creativity. Have a wonderful day! Robyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suzy,
    It is better than Christmas at your house, Just beautiful gifts, Thank you, also, for you lovely support of me at this hard time. It genuinely helps.
    Big hugs,
    Syz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Suzy,

    So sorry I missed your birthday dear friend!
    Your are loved by so many and appreciated for the lovely person that you are!!

    I wish you All the Blessings your heart could ever hold dear lady always!

    Love and Happiness,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails