Sunday, November 12, 2017

Card Creating - in the Spirt of Christmas

You may remember that I shared this photo in my last post
of some cards I was creating 
for Christmas!

 


I really enjoy this time of year when I get to use
some of my layering techniques
with cards
so here are a few finished that are now available
in my Etsy Shop

 



 


 It's always fun creating with silk fibres, eco-dyed silks, dupion
silks, silk organzas and cotton 
because you never quite know how they are all
going to turn out when they
are all felted together!
 
 









 


 Oh and touches of vintage and antique laces
always add that extra bit of elegance!

 

And the art Angel images combine
so nicely with all of these different mediums!
 

 


Of course, I often like to add vintage papers
and printed tissue papers along with
pieces of washi tape also!
 

 



 


If you are creating Christmas Cards then it would be so
nice to see what your style is too!  

Wishing you all a pleasant Sunday
and
thank you always for the kind comments you
leave me! Thank you for them as I so
appreciate the fact that you come 
and visit! 
xx Suzy 

10 comments:

  1. Hello dear Suzy
    Beautiful cards!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. So textured and gorgeous with all those wonderful layers, - stunning all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Went to your shop and there was only one left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my dear Suzy, I so enjoyed watching your fabulous cards, -they are so beautiful, with the many different textures, and amazing materials, you are using, --also so wonderful layered.
    You create magic, dear friend, every time you take fabrics, and papers in your hands ! Warm morning hugs to you, and much love.
    Dorthe, xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Suzy!
    These truly take my breath away!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy, these cards are gorgeous!!! I love all the texturing.
    I'm having a Give-A-Way, please come visit and put your name in the hat:)
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, your creations are exquisite. I always admire the lovely images you find to use. I don't make cards (plural) but will be making one special creation for a cousin in Australia who kindly sends me one of her water colour paintings every year. Won't be half as wonderful as yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are simply beautiful! Wow! So elegant, exquisite really! Some day I will get back to using my scraps on some cards. I save every bit of lace and scrap of fabric. Just need to find some time. You are my inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Suzy, your cards are exquisite, with every detail so thoughtfully placed. The eco dye looks so interesting with your silky fibres. You have chosen such wonderful Christmas images and sentiments and put them all together so perfectly - no wonder they are all selling fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails