Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Simply Neutrals Tuesday No. 34 - Birthday gift


When you receive such a beautiful gift as this in the mail
your heart not only skips a beat 
but you also know that
the sender is
so in tune with your creative appetite
that they are totally on the same page as you
in every way!

 This gift arrived in the mail
so thoughtfully wrapped and prepared
in little parcels!

 

You can't imagine the size of this tiny Madonna image
which was framed in layers of lace
pieces, a mother of pearl button and with the tiniest 
matching envelope all of about 2 inches square! 


 

A da Vinci drawing collaged so beautifully
with vintage laces and even
some eco dyed silk I had gifted
my friend sometime ago! 





This is a most exquisite Bird and Butterfly mobile
and ithas been machine stitched together with cotton -
I have yet to share it hanging on our
antique dresser!
 
 


 And there's no guessing why I received these
exquisite antique lace pieces
to be incorporated into
creations
if I have the heart to use them!


Have you ever seen the likes of this piece of Silk
and crocheted cloth - well actually it is
a pillow sham and I think that the
covered pillow in a coloured cover
would have been passed between the two layers of
silk and lace!
 



It certainly is stunning and most unusual!
I have never seen work like this before
and it is completely hand croched
and
hand stitched together! 



 A few cabinet cards two of which have
the most exquisite borders in a puce/mushroom shade!





 How special is this angel card?
- the extensive wings and gown - sheer elegance!!



 I think I have been blessed by an angel to receive
all of this amazing beauty 
and
would love to share it on
Simply Neutrals Tuesday
with Wen on her blog at AppleApricot!

I promise you that you'll be amazed at all the different topics, 
forms of art, architecture, mixed media subjects, nature scenes, etc. over there!
 So pop on over to have a peek!

Many thanks for visiting friends -
it is so kind when you do and especially when you leave
me a comment! It is always so appreciated!
xox Suzy 

14 comments:

  1. Hello dear Suzy
    What wonderful gift, but you deserve it and I'm sure you'll make wonderful creations with them!
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweetie, you have received a most gorgeous parcel indeed! (Now I'm curious of course who sent you these beauties, especially also the ones she made herself.) I really love the idea of that butterfly and bird mobile. The beautiful laces you received as well, can't wait to see what you will create with them!
    Wishing you a beautiful week!
    Big hugs and love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful gifts Suzy. Wonderful treasures for you to create with.

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing gift! The wrappings were as beautiful as the gifts. Such a gorgeous post for Neutral Tuesday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly an angel gift dear Suzy,- I can only guess from whom this came, and she is an angel friend. So very stunning gifts packed to almost wish to keep them closed, and then revealing such beauty when unpacking - They are little jewels, and such gorgeous pieces all.- I will wait to congratulate you dear friend- only wish you happy hours, enjoying all these goodies, and little art jewels.
    Love and hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely gorgeous, generous and thoughtful gift! So many lacy treasures and those tiny images surrounded in lace are exquisite! The mobile is lovely too, and that beautiful pillow sham.... I would love to see the mobile hanging...I am on the same page too and not only would my heart have skipped a beat, I am pretty sure I would need resuscitating!!! LOL!!! Enjoy all your pretty things!!! xo Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh each item is divine and a treasure! What a beautiful gift to receive from a dear friend! I bet they had so much fun wrapping it just for YOU!
    Hugs!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderfully beautiful gift from your friend! How thoughtful to send such treasures that are pieces of your very fiber! These will
    undoubtedly find special places each in your beautiful works of art dear Suzy!
    sending hugs,Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzy, what gorgeous gifts you have received. I'm sure you will treasure them and/or use them in your wonderful creations. I can't wait to see the mobile when it's hung. What lovely vintage images! What a joy to explore each beautifully wrapped gift!

    Enjoy your week on this high note!
    love,
    Jesse XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes indeed Suzy these gifts are everything a treasure! Whomever she is she knows you well : ) I am so in love with the pillow sham! (swoon)
    I'm anxious to see the mobile - and put that idea to the test : ) <3
    Thank you for sharing! hugs to you, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, beautiful gifts and photos in your blog post. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello dear Suzy -
    such wonderful gifts, I'm sure you'll make wonderful creations with these goodies!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gift that's well deserved! And your friend obviously 'gets you' - and that, in itself, is a gift. Enjoy!! Happy Birth Day wishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. UNOS TRABAJOS HERMOSOS!!!!
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails