Sunday, April 26, 2015

Autumn and Lace

Three weeks ago my muse suddenly left me for 
a forced holiday!!!
(I think you may all be able to relate to this story!!!).
 
After a huge Autumnal electrical storm with heavy
driving rains and wind
my internet connection died a sudden death for
about 10 days forcing me to set up a new modem,
wireless connector and several other bits and pieces before
I could function in cyber space once again
and
following this episode of me running
here there and everywhere trying to purchase the necessary
items for the computer
came the most welcomed stay from a very special
friend of many many years (Rosemary) with her husband (Iain)
from Adelaide (a 3 day caravan trip)
which lasted short of another week.
Rosemary was barely 17 and I was 18 when my mother died
so she came to live with me and my father for a while
providing me with company and friendship
through a very sad time.
 
However, with my muse only just returning I can now share
just a little peek at what I have begun today
and 
will hopefully finish tomorrow
but at least I did manage to take some gorgeous images 
of our garden shedding her Spring and Summer
foliage in preparation for the Winter ahead.
 
 

 The best of the last remaining dahlias

 

but these Autumn leaves have special colors of their own
which are hard to reproduce
 




 

 I can barely pick up that straw broom to 
clear away this amazing carpet of fallen leaves  so
I leave them there as long as I can.
 
 

 Of course you might recognize these leaves

 

 as belonging to the Ornamental Grapevine
which brings so much beautiful shade
to our outdoor garden room
in the Summer months
 and
in the distance you can see the changing leaves
in varying stages of
a stand of Liquid Amber trees. 

 

 This is the time of year our Grevilleas put on their best display
too.

 
When friends like Rosemary come to stay they never come
empty handed and as they know the stuff I love
sharing is what we always do.
 


 

 She remembers this as being one of her daughter's
pillow cases as a baby - such beautifully embroidered silk with 
hand crocheted edging.


 
along with some sweet doilies and embroidered linen

 

 as well as some pieces of wedding lace fabric
which she purchased from a dressmaker
many years ago

 




and finally this dear little hand painted lavender sachet
created by herself filling it with the most heavenly
lavender which she grew herself.
 

 

 So just to prove to you that I have returned to creating 
here is a little snippet of what is to come.
 
 

It feels so good to be busy again now that my computer
is playing its role in it also once again!
Whatever did we do before 
computers became so
important to us!

Many of you are enjoying Spring at the moment
and I hope it is filling your days with many beautiful hours
of sunshine wherever you are.

Have a wonderful week and thank you to my new followers
and all of my readers who continue to visit and show
so much interest in what I create.
Many many thanks,
Suzy xox

 
 

19 comments:

  1. Hi, I've missed you, and your lovely work. I'm working on a lace heart swap at the moment, but not making much progress. Could you please ask your muse if she can get mine to come back to me. I need her! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gardens are so amazing this time of year. I would not sweep those leaves away either..
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very special and rejuvenating to have your long-time friend come and visit. She brought you lovely bits of lace and such for your muse to play with. Your garden is lovely with its Autumn tones coming to life. Blessings and Creative Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what gorgeous, gorgeous rich scenery and colors of Autumn! So good to hear from you and that everything is back in working order for you dear Suzy. the beautiful laces are always so captivating and I can't wait to see what is in the works:) Lovely lavender sachet too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos. Spring is a special time of year. We are just getting the odd pop of crocus or daffodil. How nice to have a special visit. Old friends are the Best Friends. I hear you with the computer woes. Had to change systems here and lost all my previous email contacts plus so many files that I used regularly. Ah it is the age of digital reliability. Keep smiling and creating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such thoughtful pieces of love from your friend Rosemary! Beautiful fall pictures too!1 And Oh t
    hose big pots are gorgeous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mother Nature can play mean jokes on us, can't she? This only reminds me of what we all take for granted, day to day. You just never know. No power.

    I'm happy it's all restored and hopefully, you enjoyed the little break.

    I've got another package to send you real soon. It's a surprise!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about computers. I often remark that I think that we have become far too dependent on them, yet whenever I lose my wireless connection, I have a fit. Glad you got it back, and had such a great visit with your longtime friend! Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely garden photos. feeling sorry for myself, good days and bad after my shoulder replacement surgery, I am too impatient.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where the muse leads, we must follow! It sounds like your dear friend was the perfect medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Suzy
    I hate thunder storms!!! We have too in summer where I live!
    But I allways take care about all my electric things , specially, the livebox and computer. I take them off from electricity and phone outlet to protect them!
    I love Dahlias!!! This year, after seeing the ones in "Jardin des plantes in Paris, last fall, I bought 9 new ones on the web, and now, I'm waiting to see them grewing and florishing!
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzy, I missed you and wondered if I had missed a post of yours. Glad you are back functioning with the computer stuff. Your friend gave you so many lovely pieces, and I especially love the hand painted bag of her own lavender. I also love seeing photos of where you live and vibrant fall colors. Blessings, Nancy Carr

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fortunate soul you are. First of all ... that you are technology savvy enough to get things up and running.

    And to be able to look out your window into your beautiful yard. So fortunate.

    Ohhhhhhhh, and to be able to reunite with a loved one from days gone by. It doesn't get much better than that.

    And the gifts. Oh my. The gifts. You are extremely loved.

    And to be able to get in touch with your muse after a short hiatus ... yes, you are blessed.

    Enjoy life!
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics of your yard and garden ! Gorgeous!! Rosemary brought you some lovely goodies!! I've missed your post ! Glad to see you back !
    Hugs
    Cathy Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  15. How nice to re-connect with a dear old friend. Sorry about eh internet nightmare though. The Fall garden looks lovely. xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Suzy, Oh I know how awful it can be when computer trouble hit. So glad you are up and running again. Your friend sounds like such a wonderful lady and her gifts to you so beautiful. To have a friend like this is very special.

    Your last of summer garden is so beautiful. Love your photos and so glad to see you back and enjoying what you love.
    Happy Creating and thank you for stopping by. Always so nice to see you.
    Hugs and Blessings, CM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello dearest Suzy, Computers and the internet have become such important parts of our lives. It's hard to be without and we feel disconnected when the technique doesn't work.
    It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friends. Rosemary brought you some lovely gifts.
    I can imagine how happy you are to have your muse back. It feels so good to create.
    Have a wonderful rest of the week and enjoy the beautiful fall colors in your tranquil garden.
    Big hugs and sunshine,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzy-- such beautiful fall photos. The vibrant colors of the leaves are beyond stunning. You are so blessed to live in such a lovely place-- your autumn wonders are true gifts of nature,.
    Xoxoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful fall foliage - here the trees are just starting to bud out (and don't my allergies know it!!). I love all the beautiful shades of green in the spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails