Sunday, May 6, 2018

Journal "Listening for Wisdom"

This is my latest book entitled
"Listening to Wisdom"!
I have for many years - dare I say about 50
 been a follower of the most wonderful
Persion Poet, Rumi
and I have devoted many of his quotes
to a journal I have just completed.





 So many elements have been added to this book
including a rusted finding for closure with string,




  many images from daVinci's artworks,



 


vintage ledger papers, vintage music papers,


 


 collaged and patchworked fabrics,



 


dyed vintage linens and laces,


 tags,



scrapbooking papers,


 

scripted fabrics, machine stitched quote by me,







 and a variety of plant stamped pages.




This journal has now been listed in my Etsy shop


 

If you wish to make your own book using my style of bookmaking
then visit Creative Workshops
to find all the details of how you can enrol
and follow along using your own particular theme and style.

Thanks all for visiting and I wish you many happy days
creating or just feeling happy and contented 
within yourselves!

Suzy xox  


10 comments:

  1. Hello Dear Suzy
    Wonderful book, a marvelous way to keep wise advices!
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzy!
    This journal is a masterpiece of love! Looking at each page you shared, I thought of how you pondered which elements would work best together, and each time, you brought forth the most exquisite pages! So beautiful,dear friend! I so admire your art!and craft!
    love&hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big sigh - so wonderful -- I agree with Jackie - "a masterpiece of love".
    When I am well and can sit at the computer for longer periods of time, I want to take your class!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so interesting and unique, I would love to touch all your pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Suzy, your books get better and better!!! This is amazing, AMAZING! I love it! The epitome of beauty and talent. I am in awe.
    It must fill your soul with good feelings as you make it...
    love and hugs,
    Jesse XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep looking at this and looking at this and believe it has been made by angels. So gorgeous -- you are soooo talented. What a keepsake!!!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't tell you HOW MUCH I adore your fantastic book! It is PRECIOUS! I love Rumi Quotes and I am in awe of each single page in this amazing book Suzy!
    Gorgeous!
    Happy rest of the week!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I simply can't imagine how many joyful hours went into creating this! I'm sure whoever buys it will spend at least as much time looking through it and discovering new little secrets with every look. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness, dearest Suzy, you have outdone yourself. Your book is just a big WOW! And I love how you incorporated so many of your favourite things in this book. The quotes by Rumi, paintings by daVinci, plant prints, gorgeous fabrics and laces in warm muted colours. A true OAK Suzy book :) Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails