Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Cards for Friends

I've just realized that I haven't posted anything here
for a number of days now
but
over these past few days I have been creating some cards -
some for happy occasions and some for sad occasions too.
 
This first one I created for a friend, Glenda, whose
Mother-in -Law passed away at 103 within
days of Glenda's Birthday.
I thought that was too sad but she told me also
that her own mother died on her Birthday
a few years before this.

 


 This was a pretty hard call
but she loved her card when I handed it to her.
It is a nice feeling to see someone's sadness lift
even for a just a short time!



 This one was very difficult for me to create as a very dear, to me,
bloggey friend lost their husband recently and
I just wanted to rush to her to comfort her but living
on the opposite side of the world
made that just impossible
to do
and
falling short of handing her the biggest bunch of roses
I could gather from my garden I
created this Rose lover's card
below



in the hope of bringing a little special love to her broken heart!
  

But on the upside of all of this
I was asked to create a special Birthday card for another
bloggey friend, Nancy, for her daughter-in-law, Candy.
 

 


 Nancy sent me a few baby images


 


as well as one of her now
and the words "You must have been a beautiful baby" -
"Because Casey look at you now!".
 



 and this last card was for another friend of mine, Dottie,
whose darling mother is 93 years of age
and she wanted to send this to
New Zealand
for
Mother's Day coming up in May.
 


 This is Dottie's mother in the 1930's




 looking all dressed up in her fur coat
on her way down the street




 and as she has always loved flowers
there were several placed around her lovely image.
 
♥♥♥♥♥
 
In between all of these card creations
there has been some other projects
in the pipeline
and 
this is just a sneak peek at a new custom order lace book
in the making!
 
 


It really is such a beautiful vintage image of this
woman with roses draping from her hair
that it is a very pleasurable piece
of artwork for me to be engaged with at the moment.
 
I do hope that you are finding lots of joy and inspiration
in your life and/or in the projects you may be
involved with at the moment!
 
I just would like also to say "Thank you"
to everyone inc. new followers to my blog also
for the kindest comments left on my 
previous post about
creating a journal for a special friend.
 
I do hope that you all had a wonderful Easter break
and celebration with friends and/or family!
 
xox Suzy

16 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful, and it's extra lovely to read about how they're created with love.

    Your work always leaves me in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely creations! I especially like the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzy, your cards are so inspiring. The recipients are so fortunate to have some of your work. Perfection!

    Thanks for sharing.
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. You truly bring beauty in all the lives you touch. It's wonderful just to get to see the photos of your lovely creations! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dearest Suzy,
    so many and so beautiful cards, - all made especially for friends and their family members. They are all gorgeous, and I know made from your sweet heart , and all with the thoughts for that special one ,you created for !!
    Very different, but all so amazing, my friend from far away!
    Warm hugs and kisses from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy, each of your cards is exquisite, and so perfect for the receivers. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all again- just breathtaking cards! Beautiful layers and thoughts behind them. Sad to have a happy anniversary day that coincides with a sad one. I'm sure the recipients are really moved by your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Handmade is always such a treasure and these cards are truly made with love and care in your very special style. Beautiful works of HeArt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful cards - both happy and sad occasions, but such treasured things you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzy, I love all your gorgeous cards for friends. You are so creative and the details make each so very special.
    I know the recipients were blessed when receiving your cards.
    Thank you for the inspiration.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards! They evoke wonderful feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very beautiful indeed Suzy! All your cards suit their purposes perfectly with the images and colours! :)

    Your lacebook from the previous post is sure to be just perfect for your customer and her friend, even though the reason for it's being made is so sad! All those colours and images are just amazing! A beautiful sight and so many wonderful things to discover in it's pages. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello dearest Suzy, You created such beautiful cards for sad and happy occations. I'm sure they will be treasured by the recipients.
    Have a wonderful weekend :).
    Sending hugs and love,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Suzy, all your creations here are gorgeous and heart felt! Your cards will certainly be appreciated for both reasons. I am loving the sneak preview! That is a lovely image and the fabrics you are using look beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suzi
    Your cards are ALL brilliant and oh so beautiful. I always love seeing the details you incorporate into your work.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails