Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Some published artwork and journals!

Although my artwork these days has a focus of mixed media, vintage textiles papers, lace and fibres, I am still always drawn to the love of crazy quilting where I can incorporate the use of these.

This piece has been published in the 2019 Crazy Quilt Calendar available 1st October! It depicts the month of February with a romantic Valentine's Theme!





 This image depicts some antique lace with cherubs on it!
Rather special I feel!
Herringbone pearl beaded stitching!


 

Vintage ginger colored lace fabric over 
embroidered netting!


 

The old gold satin embroidered piece was from
a very old cushion! 
and
the romantic French card image I printed
onto fabric for an off centre piece
complements
the beautiful laces
along with appliques of wedding pearls
and black printed flowers over white organza!



 


 Some beautiful two toned silk ribbon
which I beaded with vintage black beads!

(Apologies for this deletion I was unable to correct it!!!!!!)


 

 There really is something special and unique in stitching
with these old laces and work so
easily into these crazy quilted pieces!

If you would like to see some lovely lace quilts then visit Joelle at matinlumineux.blogspot.com
She is sharing some of my lace quilts also which was
such a co-incidence! Thank you dear friend very much!

♥♥♥♥♥

These are a few mini journals which I have recently created!



 


 











 







These little journals which measure approx. 6" x 8" contain 
12 stamped pages which have been left blank
for your own journalling!

All have gone to new homes but this last one is still
available in my Etsy shop
Just click on the link to view! 

As these images are predominantly in neutral shades
Go over there to view many other lovely
neutral images!

Thank you to my new followers for joining me
and wishing you all a great creative week!

xox Suzy

12 comments:

  1. Hello dear Suzy
    This work was a wonderful piece of art! It's funny because I show today on my blog another wonderful quilt with laces you made long time ago and that I always love so much!
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzy, Congratulations on being published again - your work is always swoon-worthy! Beautiful embroidery stitches and vintage laces and fabrics. Hugs,
    Jesse XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzy...
    Your work is stunningly beautiful. I'm always so inspired and enjoy looking at your creativity that you are gifted with. The gorgeous materials that you use in your mixed media art displays such a richness of history that I'm always drawn to. Thank you for sharing. I hope you're doing well! Have a lovely week.

    Hugs and blessings,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Suzy~
    Oh my this is so elegant, and vintage beautiful! Don't know that I've ever seen such a uniquely beautiful 'crazy quilt' with so many wonderful textures and richness. The laces and stitching's are exquisite~ Wishing you a wonderful week ahead. Thanks for sharing, it is magnifique! karen o

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear friend, your published piece is stunning , a piece of art so very beautiful,
    and so are the little books shown, here, too. All of them would be so wonderful to hold, and touch ! Such a very beautiful post my dear . Big hugs and love, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is so full of beautiful texture and detail - lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do crazy quilting like no one else - so beautifully! I must admit that I have an advance copy of the calendar and am looking forward to seeing your creation in February. Oh and your books - sooooooo sweet, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your beautiful crazy quilt square being published. I can see how much work that must have been with all the hand stitching on the piece. Lovely!
    Your little journals are also very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Suzy! What an absolutely exquisite post! Filled with such splendid loveliness! So much to take in-I wish i could run my hands over every piece you shared!
    Huge congratulations on being published on the calendar!! How extremely exciting! I am thrilled for you! Your pices are beyond brilliant so it is no wonder why they would choose to publish you! Again I am ever so happy for you!

    I hope your summer has gone well. Now we slip into the next season of our lives- I wish for us that it is filled with creativity and joy!
    sending hugs,
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello dear Suzy, your newest projects are all so gorgeous! How wonderful to see you did some crazy quilting again! And such gorgeous and special fabrics and laces you added. The journals are so beautiful too and I love how you added the tag and insert. Wishing you a sweet weekend dear, big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails