It was MY MOTHER who:
- baked the most beautiful heart shaped sponges topped with pink icing
decorated with a freshly picked red rose,
- allowed me the pleasure of sitting up on the kitchen bench to watch and
stir and lick the spoon,
- knitted and sewed on the tredle sewing machine when she could fit it in,
- sewed the best hessian sleeping bag lined in red check cotton for me to
nap in the afternoon at kindergarten,
- pushed me in the pusher on my first day of school (how embarassing!)
- played tennis, made clay pots and who loved to square dance!
- would sacrifice her face cream so that we could have Easter eggs one year,
- made my first pretty dress for the teenage club,
- queed to buy 5 tickets for my friends to see the "Beatles" perform live
(and who came to the concert with us and loved it as much as we),
- never owned a car but walked long distances to shop,
- loved and played Bob Dylan on vinyl many times in my late teens,
- taught me how to LOVE, to SHARE, to SHOW COMPASSION, and
But tragically and sadly this faded all too suddenly after 18 quick years -
far too soon to be free of her abiding love for me!!!!
I will treasure her love always and always!!!!
Happy Mothers Day to all my blogging friends!