Sunday, October 25, 2015

Creating for Christmas already???????


 It seems no time at all since I was creating for Christmas
last season and here we are again!
Something to do with the older we get the faster time flies!!!
but at least I have been having fun
and
to show what I have been up to in my studio 
here are
some new cards to celebrate the occasion once again.




 There is a mix of vintage angel images and cherub angels
like this one where I have used a beautiful stencil
with plaster onto silk organza.

These pieces have been sewn on to oval cards.




 

 With this first one I created a type of crazy patchwork
of vintage and antique laces and embroidered linen in the background and then embellished with
some lace applique
and
this one has a background of felted bamboo cotton with layers
of felted chiffon and then embellished with lace fabrics.

 

 The next one shows a very sweet winged angel from
(thank you Karen!)

 

 on layers of vintage fabrics and felted chiffon.

 

 and this last one of a praying child
on her knees on her bed
which I simply could not resist sharing!


 

These are now in my Etsy Shop!
Click on the link and it will take you to the shop
with more images and info.

Many thanks for your kind visits as always and for
always continuing to leave such sweet comments.

Love and hugs,
Suzy xox

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Suzy! I love the images that you have used and the way you have incorporated the plaster. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Suzy
    très jolies ces cartes
    et oui Noël approche à grand pas
    le temps passe très vite
    bonne semaine
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always ... just beautiful.

    Oh - and Merry (early) Christmas!
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just stunning, as always!
    I am not doing any Christmas creating but I am hard at work with Christmas sorting and pricing. Christmas will be come and gone before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Suzy, I know your happy sunday, is now almost over, and you caN look forward to sleep into a new wonderful day !!
    Your christmas cards are so beautiful, and the first one with the plaster stencil amazing,I love your images,-
    and neutral colours, dear friend. And you are so right, time really disappears more quickly with us ,getting older .
    HUGS to you my friend- xxxOOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. just wonderful cards! how creative you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Suszy your cards; each one is a work of art! In true vintage fashion. It is a joy to visit your blog and see all your creativity with fabrics and lace. The stenciled plaster is amazing. I like the results of 'media' on fabric. Thank you for sharing your inspirational work~ Karen O.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your craft is stunning. Love it! Going to visit your etsy shop ...

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exquisite Suzy artwork on display.
    The images are so pretty but then in your hands, with the pieces of vintage laces and all your beautiful textiles, you transcend pretty images into the most divine cards.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. Yes it is that time again, me too. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I do believe our world is spinnng faster simply for the fact that we are "on" 24/7/365. People are not taking time to relax or enjoy and just merely be in the moment. Your works are stunning dear...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzy, such wonderfully vintage and unique Christmas cards you've created! I love the praying child one.

    I am sad to say I am flat out with Gonski Week this week, and will only be watching the Simply Neutrals party.I have an article and photos in the Bay Post online if you want to see what I've been up to. There's a link to the petition in the comments if you'd like to sign it:
    http://www.batemansbaypost.com.au/story/3446435/gonski-week-launched-in-broulee-photos/?cs=229#slide=12

    hugs, Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  13. as usual, really stunning and special cards Suzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so gorgeous as well!! Beautiful compositions of gorgeous fabrics and laces in winter hues. I admire how many gorgeous cards you make in a short time. Wishing you a beautiful day, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am absolutely refusing to even look at the calendar because I know I will panic if I do. I normally have all my gifts either finished or well underway by now and this year I haven't started a single one. Oh yes, I can feel a panic attack coming on! Oh well - at least I can count on coming here and seeing such pretties to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails