Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Around and About the Garden - No 4 Simply Neutrals Tuesday

Today is No. 4 of Simply Neutrals Tuesday
and apart from showing a couple
of pieces of my artwork
I thought I would share what I can see around me
as I stroll around the garden. 

My DH created this amazing garden room in our large garden
 

so we could accommodate overnight guests and as a
peaceful place to ponder life and the garden
and the amazing view that it provides.

 

 We call it the "garden room" and it has been almost
entirely constructed from timber and iron
 that is more than 100 years old.
 

I graced this window with an old cotton tablecloth


 with a very pretty central  
flower pattern.
We have about 7 acres of natural bushland around our
house and garden 
and, as well as our most treasured domesticated goats





 living in harmony we occasionally spot the odd Wallaby outside
the fenced garden area too!


as well as the many native lizards that skitter 
in and out of the garden plants running along rocks and sleepers.


 


The bird life here is extraordinary such as these beautiful
Shrike Thrushes which are currently nesting outside
our kitchen window!

How could anyone not feel at peace spending time
pondering in a landscape such as this.
We are blessed! 
and we are also blessed to have Wen over at

 

hosting this event again this week where you can share
all of your "neutral" loves in anyway, shape or form that you desire.

Oh and just a couple of small art pieces in neutral shades
wouldn't go astray either:

(from my studio!)
and



You will really love what you see there! Wen this week
is sharing some amazing architecture for us!

Thanks for popping in to see this and for leaving 
your kind comments which are always
so appreciated!
xox Suzy

18 comments:

  1. Your garden room is just wonderful, deares Suzy. What a great place for your guests to stay. Your goats are such cuties with their sweet curls and I love all marsupials.
    As always, your fabric creations are fabulous!
    Have a great week :)!
    xoxo,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little garden room is sweet. Guests would certainly come away refreshed being their in your peace filled property.

    Lovely creations as always. Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzy, I loved seeing your animals. That photo of the goat looking in through the window is an absolute treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dearest Suzy, yes you are truly blessed with both your amazing nature, plants and birds, but also with your Jeff being such a most clever craftsman!
    Your "garden room " is a beautiful little house with all the old timper and iron !
    And look at all your animals both inside and outside your garden, they are so sweet to look at, as is the tiny lovely bird !
    A blessed place for feeling in piece with ones self and nature!!
    ****************
    Your art pieces are divine , with all the gorgeous elements and the way you bring them together, sweet friend !!
    Sending you love.
    Dorthe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe @ the beauty that surrounds you!
    This was such a wonderful post~
    Thank you for sharing.
    I have been a (far-off) fan for quite some time;
    And I love to come and visit.
    I think it's time to start commenting : J

    The goats are my favorite here today~
    And of course your beautiful vintage fabric creations!
    Always inspiring~
    Thank you,
    Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Suzy. What a beautiful corner of the world you live in, and how I love your little garden house. What a privilege it must be for guests to stay there.. And I love your little art pieces (as usual!). Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Susi- I sure would feel in heaven in your garden cottage-I could live there-so long as I had heat- and the sweet animals:) Gorgeous fabric art too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is a true magical space. No wonder you create magical art as well. Love Love Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful space your husband created for you to simply be in the garden. Always charming to view your world. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. O' Suzy I'll be right over ........................this is a a truly lovely post. I am a nature lover and an animal lover so it's a little bit of heaven for me. The domesticated goats are something I'd love to hug. They look somewhat like our sheep. Loving that garden room. Would be so fun to decorate and you have awesome lace peeping by those windows. Little Treasured art work too...so exquisite. Thanks for making my PM break a thrill.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden room is gorgeous and would love to see the inside, as well as more of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Dear Suzy
    I promess you, that if I could have money , health and time to make one travel in Australia, I would come to see you your beautiful garden home, and your goats! I would like to see wallabies and koalas too! LOL
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I said this before, my dear Suzy but your garden is simply magical. Your art pieces are stunning as always. Have a lovely day.
    Sending hugs and love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, the little garden house is adorable. I love the lace curtain...so dreamy. Oh and the gorgeous faces of those goats. Look at those beautiful curls :) I wonder if they know they grace your artworks :)
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think there's anybody that wouldn't want to be an overnight guest at your house if they could stay in that lovely little house. Your DH did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Suzy, I bet your place is looking gorgeous for Spring. I have my first rose blooming - Climbing Cinderella. I can see buds everywhere and I've been madly mulching to keep the weeds down. Your brown thrush is so sweet and the goat belongs there in your garden as a statue! I love your lace curtain, too. And as usual, your artworks are so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sigh... a beautiful post dear Suzy. So much beauty is around you and created by your hands. The peacefulness of the first collage is really speaking to me. Sending you big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your garden room - what an amazing place! To think all the materials used are 100 plus years old - that's so amazing. It is delightful - a charming little spot for guests, or a place to curl up and watch the world go by, you say - I'd never leave!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails