Thursday, March 12, 2015

Gifts in the Mail!

I'd like to share a couple of gifts that arrived in the mail
recently.
Firstly from my dear Dorthe, (Denlillelade) one of the
 most talented dollmakers
you will ever find sent me this amazing gift
from Bornholm.

 Oh my goodness! and what a darling she is!
 
 Dressed so elegantly in her handmade vintage broderie anglaise
 lace dress gathered at the waist with some white
velvet ribbon with a bow charm! 



She arrived no worse for wear after her very long trip
across the ocean
 
 

 with her pretty bow in her long shaggy hair - 
her bloomers are sheer so
not to be revered!!!
 

 


 with the prettiest expression painted on her face 
and now she lives happily with her sister
angel who arrived last year.







 Now don't these two dolls look as if they just belong together?
Sisters together can live forever!
Sincere heart felt thanks my sweet Dorthe
- a friendship so special
and so dear to me!
 


 Look at this card which arrived with it -
so many collaged textures, papers and lace
- it's a piece of art to treasure in itself!

And all the way from England came another most
exquisite card made by dear Liz 
(Lululizinlalaland)
 
 


 Isn't that such a beautiful image and she's framed
with some the softest rich feathers too
and


with this were a vintage darning mushroom.
I can feel just how well used and loved this is from
holding and using it!!!
(yes I have already put to the test too!) 
as well as a huge stash of
incredible vintage ephemera such as 
these.
 





 
and these superb photos and postcards to
play with........now this girl knows me
far too well
after our years of friendship.



Thank you so much dear Liz - you already know
how much I appreciate it all!!!

Speaking of cards I have just completed my first two
Easter cards which I will have in my Etsy shop
shortly.

Thank you all for you kind comments -
it is such a pleasure to have you visit me -
I am truly grateful!!!
xox Suzy 
 

12 comments:

  1. Sweet gifts, great memories, love from afar. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doll is divine and all the other goodies -- WOW it's Christmas in March!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These dolls are just darling... I love the cards. A lot of wonderful detail.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Your new darling doll is adorable and I'm sure she will live happily ever after with you.
    her stash that came with her is pretty wonderful also

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you realize just how fortunate you are. These gifts are to be honored and treasured forever. Can I just say I am a tad bit jealous?

    Enjoy your gifts!
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. special gifts from special friends to a special friend- no lack of love and talents here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet little treasures! Just look at how your newest dollie has crossed her toes in the first photo...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dolls are gorgeous !! Dorthe is so talented !! Those are treasures !!
    You are talented also Suzie !!!
    Cathy Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely gifts. Dorthe's sweet dolls are so charming and the ephemera is marvelous. I can see you happily creating with all of that. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely treasures you've received!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Suzy,
    thank you for showing my little doll so beautifully on your blog, and thank you for your ever so treasured words about me, and for me. You are one of my very closest friends, and I am so happy for the beautiful friendship we share.
    Oh ,and the gifts from our dear Liz, are Wonderful. I just had to blink to be sure to see all the fantastic ephemera she send you. Beautiful hours to come, with papers and fabrics ,sweetie.
    Warm hugs from me - and a goodnight kiss, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely gifts from our dear friends Dorthe and Liz. Enjoy your treasures and have a lovely day, dear friend.
    Hugs and love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails